Backup APEX applications using APEX APPLICATION ARCHIVE
We have been receiving many requests for a step by step tutorial on installing and using Oracle APEX backup archive application – APEX Application Archive. For any additional help on how to backup APEX applications, feel free to contact us: https://www.revion.com/company/contact/
So here we go:
Installing APEX (backup) Application Archive:
1. Once logged in to your workspace, navigate to Application builder -> Packaged Applications
2. There you will see a list of productivity applications. Click on APEX Application Archive and then click on the Install Application button
3. On the next screen you will be asked to choose Authentication method. You may chose the default method – Application Express Accounts
4. On the summary page, verify your information and click Install Packaged App
5. You should see the application installed successfully. Hit the Run Application to start backing up your applications.
Backing up applications using APEX Applications Archive:
1. Once you run APEX Application Archive, you will be prompted to enter a username/password. Since you chose “Application Express Accounts” as your method earlier, you may use your Apex workspace username and password to login.
2. Next step you will need to setup access control (one time process) – You have the choice of different levels of access control
3. Once logged in, you will see an overview of your archived applications. To start archiving, click on “Applications” on the top left hand side of the screen.
4. To archive individual applications, click on the archive button (right side of screen) for the application you want to archive (backup). Then click on Archive Application on the Archive summary screen.
5. To archive more than application at a time, click on Applications on the left hand side of the screen. Then click on “Archive Application(s)”. On the next screen, you will see a the archive name and message to the location of the application archive (table APEX$)
6. On the next screen, you will need to choose which applications to archive. HINT – Choose by moving the apps to backup to the right column. Hit next.
7. Next you will see is a summary of the application being backed up. Be sure the applications are listed to be archived.
Here is a link to the next article which explains how to restore your application:
For the latest Oracle APEX developments, click the following link:
Revion offers a full suite of managed services such Oracle APEX and AWS management: